Have you ever sat back and wondered why you are here?
As in, here at this point in your life right now. Why are you doing the job that you do? Why do you feel the way you do? Why do you eat what you eat, and make the life choices that you do?
It’s a little deep, but over the years I have realised just how much our upbringing shapes our thought processes and what we do in our adulthood.
In my first ‘Eat Cleaner, Live Larger’ Podcast episode, I shared my own story, and some of the key events in my life so far that have shaped me and led me to where I am now.
From Brussels sprouts to breakdown, it has been a rocky road, BUT as I sit here now typing this, I feel empowered by the vast amount of knowledge, experience and guidance I have received along the way.
I know that eating clean, having dreams, moving your body in a way that makes you feel alive and being your own best friend are the magic ingredients to living your best life. Not only that, but living your best life in a body that you love.
I say a ‘rocky road’ because I didn’t wake up one morning and everything was different.
It was a journey, for sure!
One thing we all have in common is that we all have faced and continue to face challenges. I know it’s not always easy, and sometimes it’s downright awful and hideous, but I know that none of us get to eat cleaner or live larger without making the necessary changes – even when we’d rather stay safe right where we are, and especially if we’re scared.
The good news is, I now have decades of experience in helping myself and others to overcome these many life challenges and how to make those key changes that change everything.
But getting to this point hasn’t been easy!
I shared a lot about this in episode one. I speak candidly about my weight problems, working in a butcher’s shop and how that shaped my thoughts on food and the life-changing event that happened when I was 14.
I shared this to show you some of the challenges I personally have faced, how I handled them and where they have led me.
The purpose in sharing is to empower you, inspire you and remind you that no matter what you have been through, no matter how far away you may be from where you want to be, it is never too late to create a better future, and shape a healthier and more vibrant body to carry you through.
From my own personal journey and coaching thousands of people over the years, I have learned that:
- You have to WANT to eat healthier. It needs to be an excitement-driven desire, even if health issues are forcing your hand.
- You have to know your WHY, and for that why to be deeply personal and meaningful to you.
- You have to have a bigger vision for your life – something to call you forward and step into.
- Your surroundings have a huge influence. You have to put yourself in the right environments for you – home, work, people and more – in order to create a stable and safe foundation that supports and enables your chosen journey.
- You need to learn who you are. What makes you happy? What enables you to be your best? What is your purpose, cause or mission?
- You need to know what your kryptonite is – the various foods and drinks that will take you off your game and stop you from living your ‘Eat Cleaner, Live Larger’ life.
- You need to take care of any emotional trauma, baggage, or unresolved issues because these can often be your biggest block.
- Ditto for mindset. What you tell yourself moment-to-moment shapes everything.
If I can do it, so can you.
So why do I choose to Eat Cleaner and Live Larger?
Because I’ve tried everything else – especially Eating Crappy and Living Smaller (!) – and honestly, nothing else compares.
Tune into Episode One of my ‘Eat Cleaner, Live Larger’ Podcast here.